Hazardous Area Classification
Date: To Be Scheduled
Duration: 4 hours
Fee: SGD$189.00 (Inclusive of GST)
Delivery: Virtual Instructor-led Training
Flammable gases, mists and vapours, or combustible dusts and fibres, are hazardous substances which can form explosive atmospheres under certain circumstances. Hazardous area classification is used to identify potentially hazardous zones and ignition sources in the workplace, and identify the equipment needed to prevent fires and explosions.
At the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the need for classification
- Identify hazardous and non-hazardous areas for likelihood of explosion
- Determine if hazardous areas exist
- Evaluate considerations for risk assessment
- Identify the different types of zone classifications
- Identify factors to consider for zone mapping
- Select the equipment category most appropriate for the relevant zone classification
- Identify factors to consider when choosing the correct equipment
Who should attend?
Fire Safety Managers, Workplace Safety and Health Professionals, Facility Managers, Workplace Managers or anyone who manages hazardous area classification.
- Necessity for the Classification
- Assessing the Risk, and Relationship between Fires and Explosions
- Zone Classification Requirements for Gases, Vapours, Mists and Dusts
- Equipment Categories and Zones, and Selection Criteria
Continuous Professional Development
FSM 3 CPD
Attendees will be awarded a certificate of attendance in ‘Hazardous Area Classification’.
This is an Institute of Ergonomics and Hygiene (IEH) accredited course.
Reach out to us at [email protected]